Document Controller / Document Manager
Oil and Gas Industry
£125 per day contract
We are looking for an experienced Document Controller to join our client on a contract basis, working in the Oil and Gas industry.
You will be responsible for controlling the numbering, filing, sorting and retrieval of electronically stored or hard copy documentation produced by technical teams, project teams or departments in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. Issuing and receiving approved documents to and from vendors and clients as required and maintaining the quality of the documents produced and will be required to develop and implement processes related to document control and management.
The successful candidate will be a proactive manager of documents, ensuring all documents are processed to schedule and at high quality. The role will involve monitoring MDRs for multiple projects and vendors and issuing and receiving all documents and reports required for the successful delivery of all projects. The Document Controller will work with the project team in order to implement systems of control and will manage the process of distribution of internal correspondence and ensure good relationships with external and internal clients.
This role often involves working to deadlines and ensuring that all departments of the organisation are following the same procedures with regards to documents. The applicant is expected to have excellent organisational skills and to be familiar with effective filing. They must have the ability to monitor and evaluate systems and to look for improvements. Good communication skills are important to be able to co-ordinate the organisation’s different departments. Additionally, an understanding of the organisation’s business matters is crucial so as to be able to identify and control documents effectively.
- Respond, distribute and file as required all communications to and from the technical teams
- Document / drawing management to include: maintaining electronic and paper filing systems including use of on-line portals
- Communicate to all parties as documents are updated
- Arrange printing of drawings as required
- Manage document control systems
- Proactively assist project members with regards to document control services
- Upload and download drawings
- Liaise with contractors, designers and the Project Team.
- Experience of using on-line portals for managing data
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office including Outlook
- Previous experience of Document control and management required ideally from the Oil and Gas or related industry.
- Possessing excellent interpersonal skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Extremely well organised.